Your home, close to everything
The Laywer’s Residence
Julia C. Marchand Paz, Esq.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“This is mine. I want my apartment to be as if it were mine.” Thus a resident, who has lived in the community for many years, expressed her happiness at having found a pleasant and safe home in the Residence.
Conveniently located in Hato Rey, steps from Plaza Las Americas Mall, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks, the LAWYERS RESIDENCE is a modern residential complex designed to meet the needs of people 62 years or older. Its comfortable and fully equipped one bedroom apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors plus a modern bathroom, cross ventilation and good lighting.
The close-knit community at LAWYERS RESIDENCE enjoys organizing activities and recreational outings throughout the island.
You do not have to be a lawyer to apply, but you do need to meet the requirements of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent.
You do not have to be a lawyer to live here.
The LAWYERS’ RESIDENCE includes:
- Spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Beautiful green areas for your enjoyment
- Large hall for social and entertainment activities
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Bus stop right in front of the Residence
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
At the LAWYERS’ RESIDENCE you will be part of an active community, where sharing is an integral part of the daily life of our residents.
What our residents say
Natividad Maldonado, 87 years old
“I’ve lived in the LAWYERS’ RESIDENCE for many years. The facilities and location are excellent, plus the courtyard is beautiful, full of trees. The administration services all my needs. Here, I have everything I need. This is mine. I want my apartment to be as if it were mine.”
Ana Melendez, 78 years old
“I had never lived in a rented place. I had my house, but when a friend brought me here, I liked it so much, I decided to apply. I live here comfortably and quietly, without having to deal with the problems of maintaining a home. I have my space, my stuff, and I feel good. Happy!”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- (You do not have to be a lawyer to request admittance.)
The LAWYERS’ RESIDENCE
Julia C. Marchand Paz
San Juan, P.R. 00918-1460
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
For more information:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.