Like living in a hotel
The Angel Presbyterian Residence
Hormigueros, Puerto Rico
“This is like living in a hotel,” says one of the residents of THE ANGEL, who has made a happy, safe and healthy life for herself at the Residence.
Located near the Mayaguez Mall, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks, THE ANGEL PRESBYTERIAN RESIDENCE is a comfortable and safe residential complex specially designed to meet the needs of people 62 years or older. Its 108 fully equipped one bedroom apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors and modern bathrooms. The apartments are distributed over four floors with open corridors and abundant natural light, so that its residents feel in close contact with nature.
THE ANGEL PRESBYTERIAN RESIDENCE has an integrated community, composed of residents who have chosen to live here and enjoy the cool air and quiet surroundings.
To make this paradise your home, you need to meet the requisites of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent.
THE ANGEL PRESBYTERIAN RESIDENCE includes:
- 108 spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Large hall with rocking chairs for your enjoyment
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
- Activities: lectures, health fairs, social activities, and excursions
At THE ANGEL PRESBYTERIAN RESIDENCE sharing is a significant component of the daily lives of our vibrant resident community.
What our residents say
Melquiades A. Gonzalez, 71 years old
“I’ve lived here three years. I learned about the Residence from my brother. I applied and was accepted quickly. Here everything is new, modern and clean. You just have to look at it, the building looks like a hotel with open corridors. It is a safe and quiet place. We are a good community. There are many activities all year round. It is also near the Mayaguez Mall.”
Emelina Bonet, 76 years old
“I’m Mayagüezana (from Mayaguez) and knew the building when construction began. I have been five years here and I love it. I like everything. Even my granddaughter believes that living here is like living in a hotel. I have a good comfortable, open apartment with lots of light. I can not complain. Residents are very respectful and the administration is always attentive, and fully informed of all details.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
THE ANGEL PRESBYTERIAN RESIDENCE
Road 343, Km. 1.3 (Interior)
El Guayo Road, Los Quiles Sector
Hormigueros, P.R. 00660
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
For more information:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.