There is a real sense of community here
Residence Josefina Vasallo
Ponce, Puerto Rico
“There is a real sense of community here,” said a tenant who enjoys a pleasant, dignified and safe home in RESIDENCE JOSEFINA VASALLO.
Conveniently located near shopping centers, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks, RESIDENCE JOSEFINA VASALLO is a modern residential complex specially designed to meet the housing needs of people 62 years or older. Its comfortable and fully equipped one bedroom apartments for singles or couples, include spacious interiors plus modern bathrooms, cross ventilation and good lighting.
RESIDENCE JOSEFINA VASALLO has a close-knit community of residents that delight in organizing activities and recreational outings throughout the island for the residents.
To make this Residence your home, you need to meet the requisites of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent.
RESIDENCE JOSEFINA VASALLO includes:
- 66 spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Large terrace and lounge for your enjoyment.
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
RESIDENCE JOSEFINA VASALLO has a vibrant community where sharing is an integral part of the daily lives of its residents.
What our residents say
Ana Velez, 88 years old
“I came from Miami. From day one, I was happy. I am one of the veterans of the building, and here I have made many good friends. At the Residence I feel like home, safe and quiet. The administration is very attentive and it’s always aware of the needs of the residents.”
Carmen Mendez, 67 years old
“I’ve been living in the Residence for four years. I lost my home. I heard about this place, requested an apartment and I was quickly accepted. I have never felt alone, because here there is a real sense of community. This is a good place to live, quiet and close to everything. Plus, it’s very clean and the people are excellent. “
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
RESIDENCE JOSEFINA VASALLO
B St., D-5
Ponce, P.R. 00731-4141
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
For more information:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc