A quiet home, close to everything
Juan Diaz Residence
Juana Diaz, Puerto Rico
Conveniently located in the heart of town and very close to the main plaza, JUANA DIAZ RESIDENCE is an excellent residential complex of walk-up apartments specially designed to accommodate the needs of people 62 years or older.
JUANA DIAZ RESIDENCE is situated minutes from shopping centers, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks. Its comfortable and fully equipped one bedroom apartments for singles and married couples enjoy spacious interiors plus a modern bathroom, cross ventilation and good lighting. Apartments also include an area where residents may connect their own washing machines, if they so desire.
A close-knit community of residents have made JUANA DIAZ RESIDENCE their home where they live a happy and healthy life.
If you wish to live at the RESIDENCE, you need to meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income, and in some cases if you have no income, you will not have to pay any rent.
JUANA DIAZ RESIDENCE includes:
- Spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Six apartments for mobility-impaired residents
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Area inside apartments for residents to connect their own washing machines
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Large recreation hall
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings around the island
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
- Visitor parking
- Activities: chats, health fairs, social activities and excursions
JUANA DIAZ RESIDENCE has an active community, where sharing is an integral part of the daily life of its residents.
Carmen Cornier, 76 years old
“I love my apartment, it’s like a little house. Plus, I have a garden space in front to have my own little plants. I choose to live here because it is close to everything in town. Here, residents and those who work here, are like family. Every thing is OK. I am happy.”
Carmen Rivera Ortiz, 67 years old
“This place is nice, quiet and safe and you’re just steps from the center of town. I do everything on foot. I heard about the RESIDENCE from a neighbor, requested an apartment, and here I am. I really like it! There is an excellent group of neighbors and I participate in all the activities.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
JUANA DIAZ RESIDENCE
121 Commerce St.
Juana Díaz, P.R.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 5:00 p.m.
For more information:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.