Excellent atmosphere, and close to everything
Father Jose D. Boyd Home for the Elderly
Arecibo, Puerto Rico
“Excellent atmosphere, and close to everything” with these words a resident describes the experience of living in this magnificent place in the center of Arecibo, with an enviable view of the ocean.
The FATHER JOSE D. BOYD HOME FOR THE ELDERLY is a modern residential complex specially designed to meet the needs of people 62 years or older. Its comfortable and fully equipped one bedroom apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors, modern bathrooms, and good cross ventilation and lighting, all serving to create pleasant, dignified and safe homes for its residents.
The HOME is close to shopping centers, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks.
The resident community consists of men and women who have decided to live here in order to enjoy the cool sea breezes, the relaxing atmosphere, and its proximity to town.
To request an apartment in FATHER JOSE D. BOYD HOME FOR THE ELDERLY, you need to meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent.
Your oceanfront home includes:
- Spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Two terraces facing the sea
- Beautiful green areas for your enjoyment
- Large hall for social activities, lectures and health chats
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
At the FATHER JOSE D. BOYD HOME FOR THE ELDERLY you will be part of an active community, where sharing is an integral part of daily life.
What our residents say:
Miguel Moreda, 76 years old
“This place is superb. The sea view we have is amazing. I feel good every day. I’m in charge of the garden of the building and share what is harvested, peppers, pigeon peas and sometimes even Yautia (taro).”
Juanita Picon, 66 years old
“I’m from here, Arecibo, and have lived in this building for hree years and I love it. I am a cancer patient and needed a clean, safe and healthy place. I found it here. Some friends recommended the Home and I requested to be admitted. The facilities here are good. There is a a terrace overlooking the sea where we spend hours talking, enjoying the cool ocean breezes. This is a quiet place and I can walk to all my doctors.”
Ada Torres, 70 years old
“Here everything is easy. I walk to the doctors and to the shops. It’s great, because we are in town. I have been here two years, and I will not for the world leave. I love it here!”
Carmen Cruz, 70 years old
“The atmosphere is excellent. People are quiet and the administration is marvelous. Everything is near.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
FATHER JOSE D. BOYD HOME FOR THE ELDERLY
49 Andrés García St.
Arecibo, P.R. 00715
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. To 5:00 p.m.
For more information contact:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.