This is your home
Casa Matilde Nielson
Cayey, Puerto Rico
CASA MATILDE NIELSON, located in the most desirable area of Cayey, is a modern walk-up apartment complex specially designed to meet the needs of people 62 years or older for a decent and safe home. Its comfortable and fully equipped apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors, newly laminated modern bathrooms, cross ventilation and good lighting.
It is located just steps from the Mennonite General Hospital and near the Cayey Plaza, shopping centers, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks. CASA MATILDE NIELSON has a close-knit community consisting of men and women who have wholeheartedly embraced the tranquil life and the cool breezes enjoyed at the residence.
To request an apartment in CASA MATILDE NIELSON, you need to meet the requisites of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent.
CASA MATILDE NIELSON includes:
- 48 large spacious and airy one-bedroom apartments
- 2 two-bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water, and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Beautiful green areas
- Large hall for social activities, lectures and health chats
- Parking for residents and visitors
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
What our residents say
Antonia Torres, 69 years old
“I knew there was this building for seniors, I knew it was a good opportunity. The physical plant is good and the home atmosphere is positive. I feel happy about the facilities and I’m paying a very low rent.”
Irma Melendez, 64 years old
“The residence was well recommended. The application process was very easy and fast. We live like a family. We all share. I am so thankful God put me here, where I feel happy, and where people living in the Casa give the gift of joy.”
Sonia Santiago Hernandez, 65 years old
“I came here a year ago. I found out about the place from other people living here. I really like it, for me it is spectacular. The residence bus takes us to medical appointments and shopping, and we also make recreational trips outside.”
Aida Melendez, 68 years old
“I lived near here and I asked to become a part of the residence. I have been here for two years and I love it. The comfort of my apartment is excellent and coexistence with neighbors as well. “
Gonzalo Llera, 75 years old
“I love it here. It’s nice and quiet. My apartment is my home. We live well in CASA MATILDE NIELSON! Also, it is close to everything, it is accessible and it has the fresh, breezy air of Cayey. With the mountains as background, it is like an oasis of greenery.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
CASA MATILDE NIELSON
1001 Antonio R. Barceló Ave.
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
For more information contact:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.