Since moving here, I am happy!
Casa Juan Ruiz Velez
San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Since moving here, I am happy!,” said one of our residents who for 20 years has had a pleasant and safe home in CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ.
Located in Cupey, the residence is close to shopping centers, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks. CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ is a modern residential complex specially designed to meet the needs of people 62 years or older. Its comfortable and fully equipped one bedroom apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors, modern bathrooms, and good cross ventilation and lighting, all serving to create pleasant, dignified and safe homes for the residents.
The residents at the CASA are a tight-knit community that enjoy organizing activities and outings all throughout the island.
To make CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ your home, you need to meet the requirements of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. If you have no income, in some cases you will not have to pay any rent.
CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ includes:
- Spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Large terrace and lounge for your enjoyment
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Night Security
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ has an active community, where sharing is an integral part of the daily life of our residents.
What our residents say
Felicita Sandoval, 87 years old
“I have been living in CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ for 20 years. A whole life! It is a perfect place for single people or couples who want to live with people their age, quietly. Here is a very good group of neighbors and many activities are organized. I have everything I need and if something gets broken, they fix it immediately. Since I arrived here, I don’t have to exert myself!
Jose Gonzalez, 67 years old, and Ana Alicea, 79 years old
“We have lived here for five years. We love the tranquility, and at the same time, we are close to everything. It was very easy to request admittance. There is an excellent staff, always looking out for you.”
Ana Castro, 77 years old
“This is great here. I have lived here for 8 years, and have never had words with anybody. I am happy and have my home, nobody bothers me.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
CASA JUAN RUIZ VELEZ
1711 Santa Águeda St.
Sagrado Corazón, P.R. 00638
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
For more information:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.