An oasis of tranquility
Barranquitas, Puerto Rico
Located in a high area of town and with a spectacular view, CASA BARRANQUITAS is a modern residential complex, comfortable and secure, designed specially for people 62 years or older.
Its comfortable and fully equipped apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors, modern bathrooms, and good cross ventilation and lighting, all serving to create pleasant, dignified and safe homes for the residents.
The residence is near Plaza San Cristobal, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets, banks, and credit unions. The close-knit resident community of CASA BARRANQUITAS consists of men and women who have chosen to live here in order to enjoy the quiet and the cool mountain breezes.
To request an apartment in CASA BARRANQUITAS, you need to meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent.
CASA BARRANQUITAS includes:
- Spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and subsidy payments for electricity
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Beautiful green areas
- Fruit and Vegetable Garden maintained by the residents themselves
- Large hall for social activities, lectures and health chats
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
What our residents say
In CASA BARRANQUITAS you will become part of a vibrant community, where for our residents sharing is an integral part of daily life.
Maria Gonzalez, 66 years old
“I’m from the around here. I had been told of this residence, so when I turned 62 I immediately asked for an apartment and I came over here right away. I will not leave. Employees of CASA BARRANQUITAS are marvelous, they help you, they are like family. We share and help each other.”
Maria Teresa Santiago, 78 years old
“My doctor recommended this place. I had lived in a rented place for many years, so I came here and asked if I could move in. Everything was fast. This place is excellent, it is like an oasis of tranquility. They treat you very well, and the administration is always vigilant, aware of everything that’s going on. You call and they come right away. As I like to read, I go to the patio to read, which is beautiful, and I enjoy it very much.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
33 Villa Casino St.
Barranquitas, P.R. 00794
Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information contact:
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.