A community specially designed for you
Altergarten 1, The Residence
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Located behind the 65th Infantry Avenue Post Office, and steps from Plaza Escorial Mall, ALTERGARTEN 1, THE RESIDENCE is a comfortable and safe housing complex specially designed for people aged 62 or older. Its fully equipped studio apartments for singles or couples, enjoy spacious interiors, modern bathrooms, good lighting and cross ventilation, all serving to create pleasant, dignified and safe homes for the residents.
The members of our close-knit community chose THE RESIDENCE as their home, because of its proximity to shopping centers, doctors, laboratories, pharmacies, supermarkets and banks, and in order to relax in the contentment and tranquility of the surroundings.
To make ALTERGARTEN 1, THE RESIDENCE your home you need to meet the requirements of the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Rent is 30% of your income. In some cases, if you have no income you will not have to pay any rent. If your income is above the maximum accepted by HUD, you can pay market value rent for your apartment.
ALTERGARTEN 1, THE RESIDENCE includes:
- Spacious and airy one bedroom apartments
- Fully equipped kitchens: cabinets, stove, refrigerator and heater
- Free water and electricity (?CHECK me mudo!)
- Free Cable TV for all residents
- Laundry with coin operated washing and drying machines
- Beautiful green areas for your enjoyment
- Large hall for social activities, lectures and health chats
- Parking for residents
- Access control
- Services Coordinator
- Bus to provide transportation to medical visits and supermarkets, and for recreational outings
- Pet Policy: pets are allowed, if they meet certain requirements
What our residents say
José Luis Guzman, 73 years old
“I was looking for a home and a friend recommended this place very well. I have lived here for eight years. I feel good and comfortable. The administration and the apartments are great and there are many activities. I enjoy the green areas and I walk every day for an hour.”
Nilda Alers, 71 years old
I used to live in Rio Piedras. I needed a place and I came here. I worked as a nurse for 36 years and I was looking for a place I could keep without too much work. I have lived here for 8 years and I like everything. I felt good in this place from day one. I go out into the hall and quickly meet someone to talk to and don’t feel alone. I made new friends. Also, the administration organizes many activities and we travel to the rest of the island all the time. I thank God for finding me this place. It’s like living in a palace.”
To apply you need to:
- Be 62 years old or older
- Submit your Birth certificate (original)
- Submit a Certificate of Good Conduct (original)
- Submit your Social Security card (original)
- Meet the requirements of the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
ALTERGARTEN 1, THE RESIDENCE
905 Azabache St.
San Juan, P.R. 00924
Monday through Friday: 8:00 a.m. a 4:00 p.m.
For more information:
Office: 787-769-2054/ 787-769-2040
Combined Building and Housing Consultants, Inc.